Practice makes Perfect !

 Practice makes perfect!


So growing up as a teenager I belonged to a football club , a youth team , I was told I was good on the ball and I commaded respect on the field as I was made the captain of my team , I wore the captain armband with so much pride , I was nicknamed C.Ronaldo because I was a trickster , I had pace and my stepovers would give you a run for your money , I played on the flank and doubled as a center foward , yes I was that good 💪🏿, enough about me now , so , there was a fellow teammate who was no good , my coach would rather field an injured me in the stead of Kazeem , yes he was that much a flop , fast foward to many years later , I had stopped playing football but then I retuned to the field in the year 2018 after being away for about 8 years , my stomach looked bulgy now but then I went to the field with a retired but not tired mindset , afterall old soldier no dey die 🙄 , it was time for the usual warm up , we would jog in laps round the field, 10 - 15 laps depending on the mood of coachie , brothers and sisters I could not go 6 laps😭 , I stopped and sat by the field as I remembered Timaya's song ''this Life I can't kill myself o'' , my old teammates many of whom were now in the senior team laughed at me , I said to myself  ''wetin concern me'' I could be that shameles o , I didn't feel ashamed until I recognized Kazeem , Kazeem was laughing too , I said to myself ''see this Jesse Lingard o'' , little did I know he was now wearing a Westham united Jersey , well we were split into teams and all I could remember was my coach and old team mates shouting '' where is that speed , shoot , shoot , Nnamdi what is happening , shoot '' did I know what was happening ? In my defense I started explaining to them that football was not easy , they laughed again, this time I joined them o😂, I laughed at myself, surprisingly Kazeem shouted from afar ''Baba you don loose form jaree, e no dey body again '' ah Kazeem, you? 😤I replied saying ''shey na because you manage score hattrick today we no go hear word'' it was true, Kazeem had turned into a prolific striker, his training paid off but my case was that of I get am before no be property, I managed to score a goal that day and my teammates said I got lucky, that was their business, for me, I knew how much effort I put into that sweet goal and nobody was going to make me feel bad😋😋 but then it was evident, Kazeem was now rated above me by a long stretch in just 8 years and it was no magic, it took years of persistence and PRACTICE and the flop became the hottest striker on the team. it is no mistake when they say "practice makes perfect"


How are you treating your talent? 💭


I am Kovu.

Comments

Popular Posts