Akudo the school girl and the packs of condoms.

So , Akudo was a little school girl , barely 13 years of age , she lived in Onuimo , one of the 27 local governments in Imo state Nigeria .
Akudo was a quiet and very reserved girl but there was an issue , she always moved around with packs of condoms .
She was nicknamed by her peers , they called her slut , whore , they accused her of going for "mbomchi" but hell yeah what would she be doing with packs of condoms always ? send little Akudo down the stream to fetch a pail of water , she always went with her condoms , like she was ready for it anytime of the day , not until one faithful Monday afternoon when the head teacher's phone went missing and a thorough search was pronounced , Akudo's class was the last of classes , having searched all round the School and all bags in Akudo's class but for Akudo's , everyone was sure it was her , so she wasn't just a sex addict ? She doubled as a thief, what a sight to behold ! Then came the head teacher with an angry look , he opened Akudo's bag and found 7 packs of condoms in it , he was furious , he was shocked , he called her class teacher and summoned Akudo to his office , he had not asked Akudo to speak when she opened up in tears , Akudo then explained , explained why she always moved with condoms for the past 2 years ,she told them how her mother was raped 13 years ago and how she is a product of the rape , she told them how her mother died in labour at the age of 16 trying to give birth to her and how she never knew her rapist father , she further said she carries the condoms with her in different sizes , flavors and brands so it would suit the fancy of anyone trying to rape her , she said "Sir for 2 years now everyone in the village has called me names , they don't know my story , I'm a virgin , I'm as pure as a dove , my  mother died at the age of 16 while giving birth to me , she was raped , I might get raped one day and I don't want to get pregnant and give birth to a fatherless child or die , I'm an unfortunate orphan sir , I fight my battles alone , people call me names but I carry these condoms so I can look my rapist in the eye and tell him to select any of the sizes or brands he wants , any of the flavors he wants to smell while he devours me like they did my mother ,  so he can rape me and move on so I don't end up like my mother dying in labor or trying to give birth to another Fatherless child , since no where is safe anymore , since no woman is safe anymore "  she said with tears rolling down her innocent face , he looked to her in total shock and joined her in the tears battle , from that day hence , everyone in the village respected Akudo and today Akudo is a women's right activist .
#Fiction
How do you judge people ?
Have you asked why ? 

To all the Akudos out there , we feel with you , stay strong and don't let your light wither , dig deep , there could be meat at the bottom of the plate .
I am Kovu.

Comments

Popular Posts