Dreams

So on dreams ...

It was just another social night for us , we the students of the Lagos State Model college Kankon , Badagry , we would  have these social nights on the last Saturday of every month , it was more like a club night . (The school curriculum was very balanced 😋 )

So every social night , we would gather in groups , iron out our wears , bathe them in the nicest smelling perfumes , clean our footwear and the "School 2" students amongst us would relax and gel our hair , Hell yeah the girls loved them so we did it , this particular night there was a new girl in School , I was in Junior School , Jss2 at the time , she had just come in as a transfer student , she was light skinned , had great curves and her face was the sun on Earth , for a new catch ? We'd do anything , so the party started , myself , Korede Agbana , Kingley Agwa , Tolu Tedela , Eduvie Imene and a host of others hit the hall ( we were the hottest boys on block , always in every girl's slum book 😂) , the joke was on the guys , it's your duty to walk up to a girl and whisper to her ears "excuse me dance" or if you're very bold just go dancing beside her , if she likes you she'd oblige and if not she'd "bounce" you and your friends would laugh at you , the night was going to sleep and this new girl was dancing alone , we all stood and admired her from afar , until Kingsley  summoned courage , he went to her and he was bounced , Korede followed , same story , they all did and it was just me left , some told me there was no need to go that I stood no chance , while some others insisted I go so I would be bounced and there would be no one to laugh at them but No I wouldn't , why ? 80% of them were more handsome and taller than I was , so if she bounced them all I sincerely had no chance but then , I had liked this girl in question and I've always Loved to take risks , so I went and whispered into her seemingly waiting ears " hey pretty , excuse me dance" (how silly I was 😂) I was already walking away when she took my hand and it felt like paradise , we danced and I'd look at my guys ever minute , I would wink at them and see how angry they were 😂😂😂😂 , all the while before I went to her , one of us who was shorter than I was , we called him AK47 , kept telling me how I should not go and totally forget about the new girl but stubborn me ignored his advice and the moment she took my hand I was so glad I did ignore him , well , we became friends and.....

 The purpose of writing this is to remind us to keep our dreams alive , don't let anyone tell you how you can not succeed , you know ? Often times we get discouraged when people we think are better than we are do something and fail , we feel we stand no chance , that "new girl" might have eyes for just you , so I'm just trying to remind you that if people can't get something they want you to believe you can't get it also .

  IF YOU WANT SOMETHING , GO GET IT , PERIOD ! 

I am Kovu.

Comments

  1. Hmm...KOVU...
    Always speaking from his deepest expressions and how he loved it to be the way he imagined life to be..

    Well...be it as it May "NEVER LET THE DOWNFALL OF OTHERS MOVE YOU OUTTA YOUR SUCCESS DOOR"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts