Music is Magic !

So last night I rediscovered a song , Ordinary people by Cohbams Asuquo and oh did it add so much colour to my night .

I had fallen in Love with this song and the powerful message it carries some years ago , I would put it on repeat and sing along word for word , it found me somehow again last night and I am glad .

You see , the author of this song is Cohbams Asuquo , Cohbams is a 41-year-old man who hails from Jos in Plateau State , Cohbams was born blind , his birthplace was Jos but then he found his way to Lagos where he started music professionally. Having an academic background in law , the singer , songwriter and producer dropped out of school to focus on music.

His song Ordinary people is one of the most powerful songs I've listened to , it carries such a beautiful message , preaching about how Ordinary Life is and for a man who suffered a disability from birth , not knowing colours, not knowing what he looks like , not knowing what his mother looks like , not his wife nor his children , he still learnt music , learnt how to play a few musical instruments and above all , made that magic of a song , I doff my hat for him .

He may suffer a visual disability but his soul sees very clearly , his disability is not a barrier to his purpose , above all he fought and he is winning and living his purpose .

Disability is not a disability , as my older brother would always say, "make each day count".
 
If Cohbams , a blind man so to say can live his purpose , what say you ? 

Thank you Cohbams for this magic , it's gold to my ears .

I am Kovu.

Comments

Popular Posts