Words cut deeper than a punch!

So, a few days ago, I watched a Chris Rock's special on Netflix. Funny guy Chris Rock.

At this concert, he made a sarcastic reference to his scandal with Will Smith.

In his words, “I've heard people say words hurt, people who say words hurt have never been punched in the face”, hahaha.

At the Oscars of 2022, comedian Chris Rock made an on-stage joke about Will Smith's shady wife, an insensitive one if I may.

I hope he meant that as a joke. Because, even when I know Will Smith acted wrongly while trying to defend his wife, I assure you – the pain of that smack didn't last for 3 days. But those derogatory words would be on the internet FOR-EVER.

Whoever says punches hurt deeper than words needs to be told some heart-piercing words, and let's see which would chop deeper.

Will Smith acted with emotions. And as a man, you're not permitted to. A man should always be in his frame, especially in public.

Will Smith was afterwards banned from all Academy events for 10 years, deservedly so.

Chris Rock's joke was sensitive, pretty much so, BUT, there's a big but there.

Will Smith let his guard down defending the wrong person, who would not do the same for him. Jada is manipulative, disrespectful, controlling, unapologetically unfaithful, and remarkably toxic.

Lesson learnt, but words do hurt deeper than a punch in the face.

Some words cut deeper than a knife.

NB: I do not endorse punching in the face, please don't! 

I am Kovu.

Comments

Popular Posts